John La Grou presents the invention of an intelligent communication system for electricity outlets and appliances plugs. With 350,000 fires and 20,000 dead every year in the US, this simple issue is worth addressing. Beyond the safety advantages, it also offers great energy savings potential, with the possiblity of remote control of unused outlets. With about 10 bln outlets in US alone, the energy savings could be huge.
- RT @jonathanstray: So yeah, the NSA is collecting location data on everyone in the world via phone tracking (except maybe Americans?) http:… 3 hours ago
- 3D scan with your smartphone youtube.com/watch?v=36PFT6… 4 hours ago
- Dreamscapes boredpanda.com/stage-of-mind-… 6 days ago
- RT @sydneycalkin: Why is female pleasure a film and TV taboo and the subject of so much censorship? An urgent discussion: http://t.co/7F0H… 1 week ago
- RT @sarahbadr: 3D-printed human cells could 'replace animal testing': is.gd/5dXS3w (via @zenbullets) 1 month ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
africa amazon america animals animation apple architecture art blog blogging budapest christmas community couchsurfing cycling dance demographics design digital eco economics education energy environment evolution facebook fashion film free freedom funny google green illustration infographics information innovation interactive internet journalism language linguistics london maps marketing media medical mobile moments music open source photography politics psychology recession religion review science search short film social social media social networking society start-up technology TED travel twitter uk urban usa video winter zopa